[ofa-general] mlx4 second port lro issue

Shirley Ma mashirle at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 10 19:07:35 PDT 2009

Hello Boris,

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 14:16 -0700, Boris Shpolyansky wrote:
> Dumb question: what was the MTU setting of the eth interface
> associated
> with port 2? Dropping jumbo frames has nothing to do with LRO - it is
> plain layer 2 functionality.

ifconfig shows both port1 and port2 mtu are 1500. port 2 does't drop
jumbo frames. The problem is the LRO is on for both interfaces so the
interface will get large packet (packet size 1848). port1 can receive it
and process it, but not port2. If I disables lro by reloading module
with num_lro=0, then it will get small packet, and port2 works fine.

My question here is why port1 can work well for lro but not port2.

Thanks
Shirley