[ofw] Re: [ofa-general] [RFC] 3/5: IB ACM: libibacm

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Thu Sep 17 16:54:11 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 04:47:17PM -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >PR queries work fine, I don't understand your comment.
>
> MPI does not use PR queries because it does not scale.

Not all the world is MPI.

Your new acm stuff still does PR queries.

Anyone using libibverbs multicast needs to do PR queries from
userspace.

Anyone using libibcm needs to do PR queries from userspace.

Therefore we should just jam the PR query stuff in libibcm, everyone
can use that, and your acm can ride on the PR query code from
libibcm for its own needs too.

Jason