[ofa-general] This list expires... tomorrow?

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 29 17:40:08 PDT 2009

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Jeff Becker <Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hi all. I propose the following plan to "shutdown" the general list:
>>
>> 1) unsubscribe all current subscribers
>> 2) set the list to discard any incoming messages with an auto-discard
>> message that points you to linux-rdma at vger.kernel.org
>>
>> Please send comments/suggestions.
>>

> Care should be taken on any patches not cross posted (to linux-rdma)
> once the cutover takes place. There are quite a number of outstanding
> patches on general only.

 From tomorrow on, the general list will continue to exist with
searchable archives, but no new messages will be accepted. People who
try to send to general will be told to send to
linux-rdma at vger.kernel.org instead. If someone posted a patch to general
before the switch and it hasn't been accepted, they can repost to the
new list. Hope this works for everyone. Thanks

-jeff

-jeff