[libfabric-users] Multicast support

Dave Goodell (dgoodell) dgoodell at cisco.com
Tue Sep 13 11:42:42 PDT 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 1:04 PM, Hefty, Sean <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:
> A bigger gap is trying to determine when providers that can support multicast will be available.  The UDP provider can support it, I'm guessing usNIC may be able to, and InfiniBand verbs could.

Just to manage expectations a bit, it's not going to be a small change for usNIC to support multicast since it probably will involve kernel and possibly firmware changes in addition to whatever libfabric provider changes will be needed.  If a sufficiently compelling use case comes up, that might help us prioritize it, but it's not something that someone will be able to throw together in an afternoon or probably even in just one week.

-Dave