[nvmewin] NVMe Windows DB Is UNLOCKED - Pushing Patch From HGST For WMI And Driver Tracing

Alex Chang Alex.Chang at pmcs.com
Mon Oct 13 09:51:52 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Thank you for reviewing/testing the patch from HGST. Thank Tom and Moji from HGST for adding the patch.

The patch had been pushed into the source base and a new tag called "Patch#29_WMI_Driver_Tracing" had been created under "tags" directory.
In order to compile the newly added features, the VS 2013 project files had been modified and added under "VS2013_sln_proj" directory. Now, we start to support VS 2013 for our driver building. If you are still using older Visual Studio, you need to modify your project/solution files to include the WMI/driver tracing features. To bring up VS 2013 build environment, simply double-clicking the solution file under "VS2013_sln_proj" directory.
Two documents (WindowsTraceCollection.pdf and WindowsWmiDesc.pdf) related to WMI and driver tracing are also added in "docs" directory for your reference.

Samsung is scheduled to submit next patch after re-basing with most current sources in the repository.

Hi Suman and Judy,

You may send out your patch when it's available for the community to review and test.

Thanks,
Alex
nvmewin mailing list
nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org<mailto:nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org>