[ofiwg] more SC15 activities

Sung-Eun Choi sungeun at cray.com
Tue Jun 16 08:53:24 PDT 2015

Paul's mail (congrats!) reminded me that some of the SC deadlines are
coming up at the end of July.  Other that the tutorial, activities
such as research posters (especially good for students) or a
Birds-of-a-Feather session seem appropriate.  Take a look at
http://sc15.supercomputing.org/conference-program/technical-program.

Paul and I had talked in the past about the Emerging Technologies
track (poster in a shared booth, talk in HPC impact theater, etc.).
His experience was that it wasn't great.  I've been involved in that
track twice: the first time was great, the second time was not very
good because the SC committee (by their admission) sort of screwed up
a lot of the logistics like placement of the booth, "advertising" in
the program, etc.  Anyways, something else to thing about.

Another option might be the PGAS booth.  I actually have not
officially heard if there will be one this year, but usually there is
a small booth in a pretty prime spot.  Participants submit a poster
describing their PGAS-related work, and sign up to be in the booth for
small chunks of time to talk about their work.

-- Sung