[ofw] SMB/CIFS over SDP or alternative fileserver

Sebastian Schmitzdorff sebastian.schmitzdorff at hamburgnet.de
Tue Mar 13 10:18:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have two Windows XP 32bit Workstations and one Windows XP 64bit Server.
Both are using 4x mellanox hca's.
The Server is supposed to function as a Fileserver and is required to
deliver High Bandwidth.
Around 300MB/s is required.

Using IPoIB, measuring with various tools(iperf,netper), the machines
achieve a poor IP performance,
between 90MB/s and 150MB/s.

I'm looking for alternative ways to get more bandwidth. SDP seems just
right for the task.
I will look into running a windows based nfs server (nfsaxe) and hope
that it can be run using SDP.
NFS is not my protocol of choice though. Do you know of any alternative
Fileserver that can be run via SDP and
comparable to SMB/CIFS? Or is it even possible to run SMB/CIFS over SDP?

best regards
sebastian