[IBAL]path records pkey issue. was: [ofw] what's up with theOFA Windows project?

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Thu Feb 14 11:05:45 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 13:00 -0600, Alex Estrin wrote:
> > > i was under the impression that you need to be a member of the
> default
> > > partition in all cases?
> >
> > Yes, but perhaps only as a limited rather than full member.
>
> Per my understanding default pkey no different from any other, is just
> another key with only privilege - it is always valid and provides full
> membership in default partition.

The requirement is to be part of the default partition. In a
configuration where partitions are being used, the way to make this
achieve the end goal is to make nodes limited members of the default
partition rather than full ones and have them participate appropriately
in the other partitions. That's a better model.

>  Having all fabric nodes as full members
> on default partition beside their own dedicated partitions is valid
> configuration,

Agreed.

>  but it breaches the security.

Indeed (but I'd call it access control rather than security).