[ofw] WDK build environment migration thoughts

Ishai Rabinovitz ishai at mellanox.co.il
Thu May 1 05:26:31 PDT 2008

I do not agree. Xalex patch make us much closer to have a solution to
the 32/64 support than just removing the __ptr64.
It is true that there are still some bugs with 32/64 support, but we
thought we need to do the changes now, and address this (less critical)
support later.
Saying that a program with a bug is the same as an empty program is not
true.

;-) That reminds me of the old saying that a watch that stopped working
is better than a watch that is delayed by 5 seconds, the former will
have the correct time twice a day, while the latter will always be
wrong.

Ishai

	It sounds like the __ptr64 patch failed to meet its objective if
32/64 support is broken.  Just deleting the __ptr64 attribute would have
accomplished the same end result and been 'cleaner'.

	I agree.