[ofw] WWG 3-17-09 meeting minutes

Stan C. Smith stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Mar 19 10:04:26 PDT 2009

Attending: Mellanox, Qlogic, HP & Intel.

Welcome: Perry Schmidt from HP and Dave Sommers (Intel/NetEffects)

Connected mode IPoIB (NDIS 5.1)
-------------------------------

DM (Datagram Mode) passing some WHQL tests, looking for help in understanding what IPoIB exceptions were allowed during
Mellanox WHQL testing.
Alex Naslednikov will make the WHQL exception info known to Alex Estrin.
Mellanox has tested IPoIB_CM when CM disabled (Datagram mode), regression results were good and stable.

CM (Connected Mode) some WHQL tests passing, need WHQL exception info.
Alex from Mellanox wants to know which WHQL tests are passing / failing.

On track for WinOF 2.1 April 15th functionality freeze date.

Connected mode IPoIB (NDIS 6.0)
-------------------------------
Src based on IPoIB CM (NDIS 5.1) ported into (NDIS 6.0 env)
Current status:
  All the UD flow had been migrated to NDIS 6.0
  CM flow is currently disabled
  We work on the debug of the send flow now.
No response if NDIS 6.0 code will make April 15th WinOF 2.1 freeze date.

Winverbs & WinMad
-----------------

Looking to sync Windows src with OFED 1.4.1 diags, umad/mad src.
Tracking down winverbs issues exposed in uDAPL testing; runs once, then explodes on 2nd run.
On track for WinOF 2.1 April 15th functionality freeze date.

**** WinOF 2.1 functionality freeze on April 15th. ****

Server 2008/HPC WDM support
---------------------------

WDM (Windows Deployment Manager) support is available an tested for WinOF 2.1.
WinOF 2.1 supports the msiexec.exe cmd-line install option 'NODRV=1' which installs WinOF but does not install/process
driver .inf files.
NODRV=1 option is suitable for compute node installation
Start/wait msiexec.exe /I WinOF_2-1_x64.msi NODRV=1
Head-node installs as 'msiexec.exe /I WinOF_2-1_x64.msi OSMS=1'
OpenSM started on the head, installed drivers are available to Cluster Manager (WDM) for compute node template
construction.

IPoIB enhanced error logging (requested by Qlogic)

IPoIB CM work 'may' incorporate some of this.
Questionable for April 15th freeze date.

Sonoma Workshop 2009

John Russo (Qlogic) has agreed to hold a WinOF future directions discussion in Sonoma.  Contract John for info.