[ofw] Doing queries on subnet every 30 seconds

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Jun 7 16:03:46 PDT 2011

Greetings!

Making 30000 a 'magic' number concerns me as a potential error source for those who might sometime into the future want to IOC rescan on a 30 second interval; could be confusing behavior.
Magic numbers make me nervous, it's bad enough to be using '1'; a slippery slope to be sliding down for sure.

In the HCA .inf file, making the 'IocPollInterval' a 'clobber' entry will reset an existing IocPollInterval value to the .inf file supplied (correct) value.
Am I correct in this assumption?

>Do we want to have a minimum interval of some sort, to prevent users from having IOC sweeps fire ever 2 milliseconds?

I too was concerned about an IocPollInterval > 1 and < X ?.....; after contemplating the value of 'X', I basically gave up leaving the user to their own foolishness.