[openfabrics-ewg] QLogic/OFED

Betsy Zeller betsy at pathscale.com
Fri Apr 28 18:10:27 PDT 2006

There have been some requests for a summary of QLogic contributions to
the OFED release, so here it is.

For OFED 1.0, we're providing the OpenFabrics 1.0 Release Management.
And of course, we are testing  EWG on InfiniPath. We are also testing
interoperability between InfiniPath, Mellanox, SST, Voltaire and Cisco.

QLogic is willing to sign up for reviewing the OFED source files for
correctness in copyrights and licenses. This is a substantial chunk of
work for which there doesn't seem to be an owner. The current state,
where some files have no copyrights, and others have proprietary
copyrights, will create quite a problem for a number of our potential
customers. And of course, license have to be reviewed as well.

As for signing up for core protocol development, I'm currently working
my way through our new hiring process. My expectation is that once I've
got an additional hire in place, we'll be able to sign up as a
co-maintainer for SDP. And possibly others, later on.

Regards, Betsy
--
Betsy Zeller
Director of Software Engineering