[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] Rollup patch for ipath and OFED

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Aug 21 13:46:27 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Arlin Davis <ardavis at ichips.intel.com>:
> >>We should have one git tree somewhere that has all the latest code that we
> >>can pull from
> >>

> >I just don't think "latest code" is a well defined entity in a distributed
> >development environment.
> >

> kernel.org is well defined. How are we any different?

It depends on what you are talking about.
Pls look again at http://www.kernel.org/:
	The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is:  	 2.6.17.9
	The latest prepatch for the stable Linux kernel tree is: 2.6.18-rc4
	The latest snapshot for the stable Linux kernel tree is: 2.6.18-rc4-git1

kernel.org *stable kernels* are well defined. And we have the same with OFED
releases and it is not different - so are you saying Woody can just take latest
OFED release?  If so I agree.

But *development* is not usually done on stable tree - it is merged there.
See the difference?

--
MST