[openfabrics-ewg] librdmacm ABI issues with OFED 1.1

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 23 17:21:47 PDT 2006

I have some rdma_cm test code and when I run with the OFED 1.1 code (running on
2.6.9 U3 based kernel) I got the following error.

librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
librdmacm: assuming: 2

The code seems to run (as it really does nothing) fine but I was wondering if I
could fix this just to clean up the output.  I found that the following patch
removes the code which creates the abi_version file.

./backport/2.6.9_U3/ucma_6607_to_2_6_9.patch

So my question is:

How bad is it that the user space is assuming version 2 of the interface and
the modules are at version 1?

Thanks,
Ira