[openfabrics-ewg] drop mthca from svn?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Tue Aug 29 07:53:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 09:28 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

> No, you got that wrong.
> That's not what we did - we took a git snapshot and added out of tree
> modules from svn - only file additions.

Are you sure?  Because I see at least a bunch of changes to SDP in the
git history, and SDP isn't upstream at all.

> It seems that using mercurial might be hard for you
> to follow ofed tree, but that's probably deficiency in git to mercurial
> gateway. Try looking at ofed tree directly and not through that.

I am using the OFED tree directly :-)

> In any case, patches is a fine thing for small changes.  But you loose *all*
> history with them.  Pathscale "fix" patch is one example where it is impossible
> to even understand what got changed and why.

That was frankly because we were in a rush to get something useful into
the OFED tree; it's certainly not how we'd like to proceed.  I have two
big stacks of  broken-out patches that I'm shaking out the last
remaining problems in right now, and which will be much easier to
maintain, going forwards.

	<b