[openfabrics-ewg] ipath patches for RC3

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 30 08:26:02 PDT 2006

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> These would be the patches to drop, in that case:
>
>         resize-cq-driver-specific-data.patch
>         user-data-to-modify-methods.patch
>         mmap-cq-rq.patch
>
> Let us know if you run into any other problems.
>
> 	<b

Hi,
There are 5 patches we do not plan to apply:

   1. mmap-cq-rq.patch - affects core
   2. resize-cq-driver-specific-data.patch - affects core
   3. user-data-to-modify-methods.patch - affects core
   4. warn-if-no-lid.patch - rejected by Roland
   5. user-master-slave.patch - big patch affecting user-kernel ABI, was
      not posted to the list for review, and thus not appropriate for
      this stage of release (bug fixes only).

Michael and me tried to apply the rest of your patches but they won't apply.
Note also that the patches you send where not named correctly:
1. Please start all your patches with ipath-
2. Since patches are applied in alphabetic order, please make sure that
the name of the patches will be in the order that they need to be
applied. (we added numbers according to the order in the series file).
Note that fixes always applied before the back-port patches.

We have prepared a pre-release of RC3 (all our code is ready) and placed
it on https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/releases/
OFED-1.1-rc3-pre2.tgz
Please open the tgz, add the patches (except the 5 above) to the
appropriate directories and see that everything can applied & compiles.
I suggest you also test that the module succeeds to load on the
supported OSes.

Then please pack the kernel_patches directory into a tgz and send us (in
this way we make sure all patches are in the correct directories).

I plan to publish RC3 tomorrow since this is the only missing part - if
its ready by tomorrow it will be in.

Me and Michael will try to be online later to see if you have any issue
that can be resolved.

Tziporet