[openfabrics-ewg] Test results so far from Silverstorm for OFED 1.0 RC6

Aviram Gutman aviram at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jun 8 07:46:15 PDT 2006

Please see below

Regards,
   Aviram

________________________________

From: openfabrics-ewg-bounces at openib.org
[mailto:openfabrics-ewg-bounces at openib.org] On Behalf Of Sharma, Karun
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:12 PM
To: openfabrics-ewg at openib.org
Subject: [openfabrics-ewg] Test results so far from Silverstorm for OFED
1.0 RC6

Hi:

Silverstorm has tested IPoIB, and SDP on FC4, RHEL4 up2 and SUSE 10
servers.

Highlights/Issues:
1. IP addresses of IB interfaces are not getting properly configured by
install script. Opened a bug # 120. However, the same install script
works fine on SUSE10 machine.
[Aviram] Please work with Vlad on it. I understand he didn't reproduce
it.

2. SDP performance for small packets is poor as compared to IPoIB
[Aviram]

This is Naggle algorithm we have it in IPoIB but not in SDP.[Aviram]  We
plan to do for July OFED 1.1. release.

 3. Somehow, performance on SUSE10 servers is better than other servers.

4. Multiple SDP connections is still an open issue ( bug # 98). On RHEL4
up2 and SUSE10, more than 300 connections are giving error whereas on
FC4 machines, 1000 connections are working fine.

Attached are detailed results.

Thanks
Karun