[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.0 release schedule

Jack Morgenstein jackm at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jun 14 00:55:42 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 02:20, Arlin Davis wrote:
> Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> >>We upload OFED-1.0-pre1.tgz to
> >>https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/releases/
> >
> >I tried the new tar ball and the pathscale driver now
> >compiles (on Redhat EL4 - U3) and IPoIB and OpenSM appear to work OK,
> >but Intel MPI/uDAPL and NetPipe/uDAPL are broken. It apprears to
> >be a problem with rdma operations. I also tried SDP/pathscale and
> >it does not work either.
> >Finally, the rdma_cm is missing the changes that match the uDAPL fix
> >that
> >was put in for the new setops for the CM timeouts.
> >Arlin will provide specifics. We'd really like the rdma_cm fix in the
> >release.
>
> Here is a pointer to Sean's email/patches with the details:
>
> http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-June/022654.html
> http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-June/022655.html
>
> -arlin

As I posted to ipoib-general on June 7

( http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-June/022725.html )

the new setops for CM timeouts will not be available in OFED 1.0 , so please
don't try to use them as yet.

We tested out IntelMPI over uDapl (from OFED 1.0-pre1) using the PALLAS test
suite, and it worked fine -- no problems.  Evidently, you are trying to use
these new (and absent/unsupported) features.

We do appreciate that these features are very important for scalability, and
we plan to include them in the 1.1 release which will follow shortly.