[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.0 release schedule

Jack Morgenstein jackm at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jun 14 09:04:22 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 18:37, Bob Woodruff wrote:
> Unfortunately, due to a problem with our email server, I was not receiving
> openib-general emails for the last week and missed this thread or would
> have spoken up then.
>
> Anyway, What is the criteria/decision process for deciding that something
> will
> or will not be included. I think that we have an equal say as to what
> should go in and what should not. Seems like there are double standards
> here. You are including last minute fixes for things like the Pathscale
> driver after RC6, but will not allow a fix that is needed by our product.

The Pathscale fixes affect ONLY Pathscale users.  Unfortunately, the changes
you are requesting affect ALL the ulp's -- IPoIB, SDP, iSer,... , and NOT
just your product.  These changes would  mean activating the ib_local_sa
module (which has NOT been QA'd under OFED).  There was a long thread quite a
while ago on this topic, starting May 4:

see   ( http://openib.org/pipermail/openib-general/2006-May/020977.html )

We decided then not to include the local_sa module, and heard no objections.

Since the change you request (which is a kernel-level change) affects many
products, not just IntelMPI, it is not possible to just include it at the
last minute and hope for the best (due to lack of QA).

- Jack