[openfabrics-ewg] IBED-1.0-rc2 build issue - PR# 22 created

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Fri Mar 17 08:18:15 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 09:38 -0500, Sharma, Karun wrote:
> IBED is Mellanox Infiniband Enterpris Distribution which is a part of
> OpenIB.

Hmm.  OK.

As I understand it (and contrary to the note I sent yesterday), the
intention has actually been to not create a separate EWG branch, but to
use the 1.0 branch.  I see that the IBED drop comes off the OpenIB
trunk, which means it is already quite a bit out of sync with the 1.0
branch.

As I've done quite a bit of work to get the 1.0 branch into a shape
where it can build RPM packages that work properly at all, I'd suggest
that Mellanox nominate specific items that are needed from the IBED drop
or from trunk that should get imported into the 1.0 branch, so that we
can converge on a single tree again.  That way, we can keep the testing
and integration load manageable.

	<b