[openfabrics-ewg] OFED release plan - update on RC4 status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon May 1 08:23:28 PDT 2006

Tziporet Koren wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the release plan:
>
> *1.     ** RC3* -- target: All components are in
> Schedule: done on Apr-10.
>
> *2.     ** RC4* -- target: features freeze -- meaning all features and
> modules targeted for 1.0 release should be in.
> Schedule: May-4 (delayed from May-1 since some modules are not ready yet)
> *Main changes from RC3 to RC4:*
>
> 1.      Bug fixes according to problems reported.
>
> 2.      SDP - new code that Michael Tsirkin developed.
>
> 3.      SRP - with new features: FMR, tunable parameters, SRP daemon
>
> 4.      Open MPI -- new package based on 1.1a3
>
> 5.      RDS -- new version from main trunk
>
> 6.      Kernel code based on git
>
> 7.      Standard network configuration

Its seems that SDP will not make it this week thus RC4 will not include
the new SDP code.
Note that the new code is already checked-in to the main trunk so anyone
who wish looking at it can start the review.
Since there are many other changes in this RC that need testing we will
not delay RC4. We may add another RC at end of next week adding SDP only.

Tziporet