[openfabrics-ewg] Current OFED kernel snapshot

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue May 2 11:20:53 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:34:29AM +0300, Aviram Gutman wrote:

> Yes, we have uploaded a pre version of RC4. You can find it in:

Thanks.  I actually grabbed the kernel code from the tags/rc4/linux-kernel
directory instead, I hope those are identical.

One question I have is that when I look in places like
1.0/ofed/patches/2.6.9_U3 I see patches like
srp_4187_to_2_6_9_wait_for_completion.patch which adds
wait_for_completion_timeout() to the srp driver.  If this is truly a
2.6.9_U3 specific patch, then why?  2.6.9_U3 kernels *have*
wait_for_completion_timeout() in the core kernel now.  They also have
kzalloc, kstrdup, and a number of other things that make these workarounds
obsolete at best, and problematic at worst.

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
         Red Hat, Inc.