[openfabrics-ewg] db-devel requirement?

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at mellanox.co.il
Tue May 9 06:03:46 PDT 2006

Jeff,
You can install RHEL4U2 and select different packages to be installed
(minimal installation does not includes development tools and kernel
sources).
Some of the OFED packages have dependencies which are not a part of
OFED, e.g. ibutils depend on tcl-devel, kernel-ib depend on kernel
sources, open-iscsi depend on db-devel...
One of the purposes of the OFED installation script is to check these
dependencies and provide corresponding message before running into the
compilation process and getting failure.

Regards,
Vladimir