[openfabrics-ewg] Re: NOP problem in ib_mthca on OFED RC4

Don.Albert at Bull.com Don.Albert at Bull.com
Tue May 9 11:34:08 PDT 2006

Michael,

> > > Which FW revision do you have?
> > >
> > The "ibstat" command shows:
> >
> >         CA type: MT25204
> >         Number of ports: 1
> >         Firmware version: 1.0.800
> >         Hardware version: a0
> >         Node GUID: 0x0002c90200216dc4
> >         System image GUID: 0x0002c90200216dc7
> >
> >   -Don Albert-
> >

> Yes, that's the latest revision. Hmm.

What about the other thing I mentioned in my first message:  the "lspci"
command complains about the board slot that the HCA is plugged into:

   pcilib: Resource 2 in /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:03:00.0/resource has a
64-bit address, ignoring
   03:00.0 InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25204 [InfiniHost III Lx
HCA] (rev 20)

I also found out that on this machine the HCA is plugged into a 16X PCI-e
slot, which is different than the other machine which is working, where
the slot is 8X.

Bear in mind, however, that both machines were previously working with the
2.6.9-34 kernel with the backport patches and the OpenIB svn 6500 code.
Did something happen in 2.6.16, or am I missing a patch?

        -Don Albert-