[openfabrics-ewg] RPM help...

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue May 9 11:35:56 PDT 2006

A general RPM question to the developers out there...

Bug 71 shows that the Open MPI RPMs install with user/group
"jsquyres/jsquyres" which, unless I have some relatives that I don't
know about, will not exist on most HPC installations.

These names are not hard-coded anywhere in the RPM or Open MPI tarballs.
I did, however, create the Open MPI SRPM as user "jsquyres" on my
development workstation -- that's the only place that I can think of
that those names came from.

Is there something inherent in the building of an SRPM that preserves
the name/group of the user who built the SRPM?  Is there a way to
override it?  I could certainly build the SRPMs as root/root, but that's
unattractive.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks.

--