[openfabrics-ewg] Some observations on the OFED build process

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed May 17 16:01:49 PDT 2006

    Jeff> Ditto what Roland says.  But, FWIW, I was having problems
    Jeff> with the SRPMs that were generated when I wasn't root.
    Jeff> Specifically, even though I have the following in my %files
    Jeff> list:

    Jeff> %defattr(-, root, root, -)

    Jeff> Generated SRPMS would have the userid/group
    Jeff> "jsquryes"/"jsquyres" in them.

Hmm, I never noticed that before, but you're right.  But why does the
ownership within the SRPM matter?  The files within the binary RPMs
that get built end up with the right ownership of root/root.

For example, the packages I maintain for Fedora Extras are built from
SRPMs that contain files owned by rdreier.  But no one has ever
noticed that as far as I can tell.

 - R.