[openfabrics-ewg] OFED Mtg Minutes 5/22

Matt Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Mon May 22 14:33:35 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 23:07 +0300, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>
> Sorry I missed the call, but since there was no enouncement when I
> checked my email few minutes before the meeting I assumed we don't have
> it today.
>
> Regarding OFED release criteria - I published those 2 weeks ago and no
> one responded. So all please review (attached here) and I can update
> according to the comments.
>
> Regarding SDP - we see a very good progress this week and we think SDP
> is crucial for this release; this is the reason we prefer to delay the
> release a little and have it in. I hope its OK with everybody.

  There is quite a bit of new code in SDP.  I don't see how we can claim
it's production ready in a 1.0 release.  How about we call it a
technology preview for 1.0, and then production ready for a TBD 1.1
release?  I don't think we want to delay the release of 1.0 any longer.
What do others think?

  - Matt