[openfabrics-ewg] OpenSM segmentation fault on RC5

Don.Albert at Bull.com Don.Albert at Bull.com
Fri May 26 08:02:54 PDT 2006

I just installed RC5 on a small testbed consisting of two EM64T machines
connected back to back with Mellanox MT25204 DDR HCAs.  With RC4 I had
problems with the ib_mthca driver initializing on one of the machines.
This problem has mysteriously gone away with RC5, but now I am having a
problem with the OpenSM Subnet Manager.

When I use the script supplied by RC5 to start the SM,  either after a
boot or manually,  I get a segmentation fault,  right after the SM
declares itself the MASTER:

[koa] (root) root> /etc/init.d/opensmd start
/etc/init.d/opensmd: line 330:  6844 Done                    echo
$PORT_FLAG
      6845 Segmentation fault      | $prog $START_FLAGS >/dev/null 2>&1
opensm start[FAILED]

To get more information, I tried starting the SM with the "-V" flag:

[koa] (root) root> /usr/local/ofed/bin/opensm -V
OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0
Based on OpenIB svn Exported revision
Command Line Arguments:
 Big V selected
 Log File: /var/log/osm.log
OpenSM Rev:openib-1.2.0 OpenIB svn Exported revision

Using default GUID 0x2c90200216dc5
Entering MASTER state

Segmentation fault

Attached is the /var/log/osm.log file.   The first attempt at time 16:08
was with the script,  the second at 16:33 was with the "-V" flag.  Also
attached is the /etc/opensm.conf file.

        -Don Albert-
        Bull HN Information Systems