[openfabrics-ewg] OFED-1.0-rcX uDAPL testing with Intel MPI

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue May 30 09:18:30 PDT 2006

Matt wrote,
>On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 09:51 -0700, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
>> >Has Intel been testing your MPI with the uDAPL available in the
>> >OFED-1.0-rcX releases?
>>
>> I tested the code base that was in RC4 and there were problems.
>> I submitted a patch to fix the issue and I think it was suppose to
>> be included in RC5. Is RC5 released yet ?

>  Yes, it was released this morning.

>> if so I can retry it with Intel MPI.

>  that would be great.

>  - Matt

I tried OFED RC5 with Intel MPI on x86_64 and ia64 and everything seems to
be working
fine on the Mellanox card. I also put together some ofed rc5 backport
patches and RPMs for 2.6.9-34EL and am hoping to get some folks here to load
it up on a larger cluster, my
initial testing was only on small clusters, but it looks stable.

The only problem I saw is that there is still an issue with running Intel
MPI/uDAPL
over the Pathscale (Qlogic) card. It appears to be a uDAPL or MPI problem
rather than
a problem with the Pathscale driver. I am now able to run ibv_rc_pingpong
over the pathscale PCI-E card reliably on a 2 node cluster. We plan to
investigate
the MPI/uDAPL issue today.

woody