[openfabrics-ewg] Agenda for SC OFA meeting

Bill Boas bboas at systemfabricworks.com
Sun Nov 5 20:51:13 PST 2006

Aviram, Tziporet and Jeff,

Again I must apologize to you all that I failed to replace Jeff with
Tziporet in the last word document that I sent to Jeff and then he
forwarded.

Please review the attached word document to see if it now matches what you
were expecting.

Also notice a new acronym that seems necessary to distinguish between the 2
software stacks that we are dealing with in the Linux environment (so far).

I had used OFSS to denote the trunk but on reviewing today the process of
software stack approval it became clear that we can not identify one
particular stack as the OpenFabrics software stack (i.e. the acronym would
be OFSS) - we must distinguish between the trunk and the OFED branch so I
have changed the suggested acronym to OFST - T being trunk.

Actually to be mor specific we should also distinguish between the operating
system environments -  so we should probably adopt OFST-L, OFST-W (once it
is approved by the Board), and OFED-L and OFED-W (once it is approved by the
Board also).

This topic of names and acronyms for the several different OpenFabrics
Software Stacks that we are going to have to deal with as time goes by
should be extensively discussed, understood and agreed to at the Developer
summit.

I did not ask Michael lee to update the web site at the end of last week
because I knew after talking with Jeff that we would all talk again tomorrow
morning (PST) after the Board meeting.

After we talk on our Developer Summit concall we will ask Michael Lee to
update the web site version. OK?

Bill.

Bill Boas
VP, Business Development | System Fabric Works
bboas at systemfabricworks.com | 510-375-8840