[openfabrics-ewg] Agenda for SC OFA meeting

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Nov 6 09:06:15 PST 2006

Or Wrote,
>Bill, all, just a comment which if needed would be further clarified on

>the sc06 devcon: the "trunk" for the linux kernel IB drivers is
Roland's
>GIT tree under kernel.org and this is not technical location. It comes
>to sat that the framework of developing the linux kernel IB drivers is
>the ***linux kernel*** and not this or that trunk/branch of the
>open-fabrics alliance. Specifically, there is no such thing as "OFA
>release" for the kernel drivers, they are developed and released within

>the kernel framework, OFED takes a stable (eg 2.6.18-rc6 on OFED 1.1)
>snapshot of the kernel IB code and further stabilize it for an OFED
>release (this is questionable/discussable as well, along the way we
>might move to push patches to -stable and have OFED release being
>against some -stable release of the kernel).

>Or.

This may be how things have evolved, but I am not sure that this was
ever
formally approved by the OFA (moving the kernel drivers "trunk" to a git
tree on kernel.org).
And there are actually other components that are part of the OFA SVN
trunk that are not
part of Roland's git tree, SDP, local_sa cache, etc.
So right now we have some components in SVN, some in Roland's git tree,
hopefully we can agree on what "the development process" for OFA is at
the developer's
summit, right now things are a bit confused.

woody