[openfabrics-ewg] firmware thought

Minich, Makia minich at ornl.gov
Thu Nov 9 20:38:29 PST 2006

In my experiences, there's been a number of failures where a firmware upgrade seems to successfully fix a great deal of problems.  So, from this, I got to wondering; if there is a minimum understood working firmware version, why not force a firmware flash on loading the startup scripts?  This would especially be useful on larger cluster installations (when a node comes online, it checks for at least a minimum or configurable firmware versions, if it differs it causes a flash of the HCA and perhaps a reboot).

Just a thought.