[openfabrics-ewg] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2 0.9.8 with Checkpoint/Restart, iWARP, RDMA CM-based connection manageme

david elsen elsen_david at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 09:30:09 PST 2006

Sundeep,

  I am sorry. I did not make myself very clear in my questions.

  I have got the iWARP running on my set-up for the Ammasso and Chelsio cards.

  To do this, I downloaded the iWARP code from the gen2 branch.

  Now I was trying to run the OSC MPI tools MVAPICH2 there to run the iWARP traffic in my set-up.

  When I am trying to build the MVAPICH2 0.9.8 tool, it has some mandatory variable called, OPEN_IB_HOME = /usr/local/ofed in the makefile make.mvapich2.iwarp, the build file which is to be run for the iWARP code.

  My question is why should I have this reference to /usr/local/ofed there if I do not need to download the OFED distribution code to run the iWARP.

  Is it possible to add more information in your MVAPICH2 0.9.8 User Guide describing how to build this and what are the dependencies?

David
Sundeep Narravula <narravul at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
  Hi David,

> iWARP is actually a part of the Open Fabrics SVN. It is available from
> a different branch.
>
> I am cc'ing this note to my group. One of the students (Sundeep) will
> send you the detailed instructions on which branch of OF to download
> and use.

The instructions for setting up iwarp on OpenFrabics is avalable on the
openIB wiki at
https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Install+OpenIB+for+Chelsio+T3
https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Install+OpenIB+for+Ammasso1100

Further, the branch you can download from the svn is
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/iwarp/tags/iwarp-2.6.17-stable

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
--Sundeep.

wrote:
> [...]
> > - 2.81 microsec one-way latency (4 bytes)
> > - 1561 MB/sec unidirectional bandwidth
> > - 2935 MB/sec bidirectional bandwidth
> >
> > One-sided operations:
> > - 4.92 microsec Put latency
> > - 1569 MB/sec unidirectional Put bandwidth
> > - 2935 MB/sec bidirectional Put bandwidth
> >
> > - OpenFabrics/Gen2 on EM64T dual-core with PCI-Ex and IBA-DDR (Dual-rail):
> > Two-sided operations:
> > - 2.81 microsec one-way latency (4 bytes)
> > - 3127 MB/sec unidirectional bandwidth
> > - 5917 MB/sec bidirectional bandwidth
> >
> > One-sided operations:
> > - 4.37 microsec Put latency
> > - 3137 MB/sec unidirectional Put bandwidth
> > - 5917 MB/sec bidirectional Put bandwidth
> >
> > - OpenFabrics/Gen2 on Opteron single-core with PCI-Ex and IBA-DDR:
> > Two-sided operations:
> > - 3.01 microsec one-way latency (4 bytes)
> > - 1402 MB/sec unidirectional bandwidth
> > - 2238 MB/sec bidirectional bandwidth
> >
> > One-sided operations:
> > - 4.65 microsec Put latency
> > - 1402 MB/sec unidirectional Put bandwidth
> > - 2238 MB/sec bidirectional Put bandwidth
> >
> > Performance numbers for all other platforms, system configurations and
> > operations can be viewed by visiting `Performance' section of the
> > project's web page.
> >
> > With the ADI-3-level design, MVAPICH2 0.9.8 delivers similar
> > performance for two-sided operations compared to MVAPICH 0.9.8.
> > Organizations and users interested in getting the best performance for
> > both two-sided and one-sided operations and also want to exploit
> > advanced features (such as fault tolerance with checkpoint/restart,
> > iWARP, RDMA CM connection management, multi-threading, integrated
> > multi-rail, multi-core optimization, memory hook support and optimized
> > collectives) may migrate from MVAPICH code base to MVAPICH2 code base.
> >
> > For downloading MVAPICH2 0.9.8 package and accessing the anonymous
> > SVN, please visit the following URL:
> >
> > http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/
> >
> > A stripped down version of this release is also available at the
> > OpenFabrics SVN.
> >
> > All feedbacks, including bug reports and hints for performance tuning,
> > are welcome. Please post it to the mvapich-discuss mailing list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > MVAPICH Team at OSU/NBCL

> > MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 project is currently supported with funding from
> > U.S. National Science Foundation, U.S. DOE Office of Science,
> > Mellanox, Intel, Cisco Systems, Sun Microsystems and Linux Networx;
> > and with equipment support from Advanced Clustering, AMD, Apple,
> > Appro, Dell, IBM, Intel, Mellanox, Microway, PathScale, SilverStorm
> > and Sun Microsystems. Other technology partner includes Etnus.
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Sponsored Link
> >
> > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
> > --0-119921422-1163376356=:19890
> >
> >   I am trying to use the OSC MPI tool for the iWARP and quite new to the open fabrics tools.

  If I know it correctly, iWARP is not yet part of the OFED release.
  But the iWARP makefile has reference to ofed code. Is it really required.

-
> [...]

A stripped down version of this release is also available at the
OpenFabrics SVN.

All feedbacks, including bug reports and hints for performance tuning,
are welcome. Please post it to the mvapich-discuss mailing list.

Thanks,

MVAPICH Team at OSU/NBCL

MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 project is currently supported with funding from
U.S. National Science Foundation, U.S. DOE Office of Science,
Mellanox, Intel, Cisco Systems, Sun Microsystems and Linux Networx;
and with equipment support from Advanced Clustering, AMD, Apple,
Appro, Dell, IBM, Intel, Mellanox, Microway, PathScale, SilverStorm
and Sun Microsystems. Other technology partner includes Etnus.

  Sponsored Link

> > Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info