[openfabrics-ewg] OFED procedures

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Oct 1 06:30:28 PDT 2006

On 10/1/06 8:31 AM, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

>> The work that I am doing for OMPI OFED builds, for example -- it's not for
>> v1.1.  But it's not ready yet, and I haven't been able to commit it anywhere
>> (so it's not backed up / publicly visible).  You told me I'm not allowed to
>> commit it on the trunk -- so where should it go?  Having it on one
>> developer's hard drive doesn't seem like a good idea (I have previously made
>> suggestions about this).
>
> Yes, I agree. Once OFED userspace scripts move to svn,
> you will be able to create and commit on svn branch - wil lthat be good?

This is actually what I proposed earlier but never got a response.  :-)
Therefore, I'm fine with this suggestion.

Alternatively, at least one developer has even suggested that we move all of
development to git.  Another has suggested that we might want to move to
some other [as-yet undetermined] tool that has better integration with other
tools (e.g., bug tracker, milestone tracking, development/release
procedures, etc.).

I don't personally care -- I'm happy to learn git if that's what the group
wants.  But this is a larger topic that requires group discussion
(preferably on a teleconference or in a face-to-face meeting; e-mails about
this kind of thing tend to get religious and/or degenerate into time-sucking
threads about silly minutiae/details).

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit