[openfabrics-ewg] OpenFabrics Developer Summit at SC06, Tampa Nov 16 - 17

Bill Boas bboas at systemfabricworks.com
Sun Oct 15 14:02:52 PDT 2006

To all in the OpenFabrics Community

We will be holding our first Developer Summit in the Tampa Convention Center
courtesy of SC06 starting at 1.30PM in Room 17 on Thursday November 16,
2006. On Friday November 17, we will start in Room 13 at 8.00 AM and
continue till 5.00PM. We have had to schedule into these time slots because
no other usable space is available at any other times during the week of
SC06!

OpenFabrics will cater food and beverages for afternoon break and supper on
Thursday, breakfast, lunch and two breaks on Friday. We will set up a
registration site at Acteva to collect $$ to cover our out of pocket
expenses – I’ll email out the URL for that site in the next day or two.

Please review attached Strawman purposes, suggested attendees and agenda.
Any changes or comments, please email them to the community for all to
comment on please.

The Summit has several dimensions and themes throughout our work there:

1) – consistency and robustness of the Linux and Windows software stacks for
Release 2.0 of OpenFabrics;

2) - feature selection, development resources and timelines for Release 2.0;

3) - activities, features and processes of the Enterprise Working Group on
OFED 1.x until Release 2.0 is ready hand-off to the EWG;

4) – enhancing the resources of the EWG to be ready for 2.0 it so that it
may be subsequently be distributed as OFED 2.0. and adopted by the
OpenFabrics vendor and customer communities for production use.

This is a far too much work for just a day and half! PLEASE START NOW
exchanging ideas for additional features, contact peer engineers from
companies and customers to discuss work sizing, development resources,
identify volunteer developers for items so that when we meet on the 16th
we’re not starting from a blank sheet!

Sujal Das, Johann George, Matt Leininger, Pramod Srivatsa, Hal Rosenstock,
Tom Tucker and Bob Woodruff are leading the pre-meeting, STRAWMAN collation
of requirements, feature prioritization, developer assignments, sizing and
processes so that we have the list largely complete prior to the meeting and
people know has already volunteered for items from the list.

Bill Boas

VP, Business Development | System Fabric Works

bboas at systemfabricworks.com | 510-375-8840