[openfabrics-ewg] building OFED package from git and svn

yosef etigin yosef.et at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 07:16:05 PDT 2006

Hello,
I have been trying to build OFED source package (1.1 rev 9820) as was
described in the HOWTO.build_ofed wiki. The package was built successfully,
however i had trouble compilng it. The error I get is a missing library
inside OFED's temporary build tree. The error is during the compilation of
DAPL:

gcc: /tmp/OFED-1.1-rev9725/SOURCES/openib-1.1/src/userspace/librdmacm/src/.libs/.libs/librdmacm.so:
No such file or directory

log of the make process is attached.

When I changed the top-level Makefile of open-ib sources, line 306:
from:

> AM_LDFLAGS="-L../libibverbs/src -libverbs -L../librdmacm/src/.libs
> -lrdmacm -lsysfs"

to:

> AM_LDFLAGS="-L../libibverbs/src -libverbs -L../librdmacm/src/ -lrdmacm
> -lsysfs"

It compiled OK.

Is this really a problem in this Makefile or this fix covers up for
something more deep?

Yossi