[openfabrics-ewg] OpenFabrics Developer Summit at SC06, Tampa Nov 16 - 17

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Oct 17 05:09:41 PDT 2006

A few comments:

1. It would be good to start at 3pm or later; there's still lots of
non-OFA people to see/meet on Thursday afternoon.

2. Is there going to be an OFED 1.3, or are we going straight to 2.0?

3. Regardless of what the version number is going to be, I would very
much like to see a sizeable discussion about the OFED process for
this version.  This should include topics such as (but not be limited
to):

     - what are the exact features that will be in this series
(delineated into categories such as "blockers", "would like to have",
and "if we have time", etc.)
     - what the testing matrix is going to be (who is testing what,
exactly)
     - what the release criteria are (probably strongly related to
the testing matrix)
     - what the dates are (development, testing, estimated release)
     - a plan for integrating with RHEL / SLES

In general, I would very much like to see the community to come up
with a published plan for the next version series.

I'm not entirely sure, but this discussion could fit into the
Thursday 18:00-end and Friday start-noon discussions.  Is this what
was intended?  If so, it would be great to see the above points
worked into the agenda.

4. Discussion / plan for moving to the new OFA server.