[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.1 RC7 fork() issue.

glebn at voltaire.com glebn at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 17 07:24:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:03:27PM +0200, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> > system() works because parent calls wait(). fork() and immediate
> exec()
> > may very well fail. I propose to fix the release notes.
>
> Hi Gleb,
> Can you send me the correct description for the RN.

3. Fork support from kernel 2.6.12 and above is available provided
that applications do not use threads. The fork() is supported as long
as parent process does not run before child exits or calls exec().
The former can be achieved by calling wait(childpid) the later can be
achieved by application specific means.  Posix system() call is
supported.

Something along those lines.

--
			Gleb.