[openfabrics-ewg] udev on RHEL

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 11:54:23 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 11:24 -0700, Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
> Doug, what udev does RHEL5 beta have?  Any plans to upgrade udev for
> RHEL4 U5?

RHEL5 currently has something like 0.97 I think.  For RHEL4.5, I don't
currently have any plans to update udev so drastically as it would
require changes in too many packages due to the udev rule file changes.
Such a change would have to run through an exception process as it would
result in possible package breakage in third party packages mid stream
in a stable release, and that's generally very frowned upon.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at