[openfabrics-ewg] new server up and running

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Fri Oct 27 07:59:09 PDT 2006

On 10:00 Fri 27 Oct     , Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak at voltaire.com>:
> > > I even think we should replace --base-path with --user-path=scm.
> > >
> > > As it is, we have e.g.
> > > /pub/scm/management.git -> /home/sashak/management.git
> > > which is just confusing.
> >
> > It is accessable just as git://staging.openfabrics.org/management ,
> > what is confusing here?
>
> It's not clear from the name who's tree it is.
> ~sashak/management/git would be better,

I think you are meaning "don't put your personal stuff" there, right?
If so, I agree.

And this management.git tree which you can see under /pub/scm is not my
personal tree , but mirrored to git "official"
src/userspace/management SVN tree. (For technical reasons I prefer to do
conversion on non-privileged ~sashak account).

> - let's everyone keep his
> tree uner his home directory.

Yes for personal trees.

But I think we also will want to have "official" tree for each
sub-project and then we will place it into central /pub/scm (or will
create symbolic link to the maintainer's tree). Make sense?

Sasha