[openfabrics-ewg] convention for git directories on the new git OFA server

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 30 07:25:09 PST 2006

Hi all,
I suggest we use the following convention for all our git trees in the
OFA server:

   1. Development trees: each one will place the development tree under
      his/her home:
      ~<username>/scm/topic.git (e.g. ~mst/scm/sdp.git)
   2. Stable/release trees: these trees will be located under /pub:
      /pub/scm/<name>.git (e.g. /pub/scm/ofed-1.1.git)
   3. All trees (development and stable) should be exposed via git web
      interface.

I think this methodology is similar to the way git trees are handled in
Linux,
and its also a simple convention that will make it easy to understand
the type of each tree

Tziporet