[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.0 question

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 7 10:19:47 PDT 2006

I was experimenting with OFED 1.0 on a ppc64 machine. I found that I could
not even compile OFED 1.0 (untarred SOURCES/openib-1.0.tar and obtained
the sources, instead of running the install scripts) against a 2.6.17.7
kernel. Is that a problem that I did not use the install scripts?

Further from the release notes of OFED 1.0 I saw that it is based upon svn
7925. However, svn 7925 compiles without any hitch.

The sources for OFED 1.0 are somewhat different from svn 7925. However, I
expected them to compile. Is this a known problem or am I missing
something here?

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com