[openfabrics-ewg] OFED-1.1-rc4 is ready

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 12 23:49:13 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Robert Walsh <robert.walsh at qlogic.com>:
> Subject: Re: OFED-1.1-rc4 is ready
>
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Quoting r. Betsy Zeller <betsy at pathscale.com>:
> >> We can send in a patch for the QLogic driver,
> >
> > So, patch?
> >
> >> but clearly an RC5, and
> >> quite a bit more testing  are going to be required.
> >
> > To speed things up, I'd suggest sticking the patch (once you have it)
> > in the fixes directory, and testing with that.
> >

> Yeah - we'll test locally before sending it in, but not until tomorrow
> (it's nearly midnight here and I'm about to hit the hay.)
>
> Regards,
>   Robert.

Isn't it just a matter of adding this bit:

/*
 *  * Export the old libsysfs sysfs_class_device-based driver entry point
 *   if libsysfs headers are installed.  It doesn't hurt to export it,
 *   even if libibverbs is new enough not to use it; but if libsysfs
 *   headers are not installed, we can assume that the version of
 *   libibverbs we are building against is new enough not to use
 *   openib_driver_init().
 *  */
#ifdef HAVE_SYSFS_LIBSYSFS_H
struct ibv_device *openib_driver_init(struct sysfs_class_device *sysdev)
{
        int abi_ver = 0;
        char value[8];

        if (ibv_read_sysfs_file(sysdev->path, "abi_version",
                                value, sizeof value) > 0)
                abi_ver = strtol(value, NULL, 10);

        return ibv_driver_init(sysdev->path, abi_ver);
}
#endif /* HAVE_SYSFS_LIBSYSFS_H */

>From mthca?
IMO you need it even on trunk.