[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Betsy Zeller betsy at pathscale.com
Fri Sep 15 09:58:08 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 11:41 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On 9/15/06 11:00 AM, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
>
> >> Review is certainly possible without sending patches around.  More
> >> specifically: e-mail is not the only way to conduct reviews (indeed, I'd
> >> maintain that e-mail is a very poor tool for it).
> >
> > Seems to work fine for linux and the rest of openib stack, so we'll stick to
> > it.
>
> 1. The OFA is a group collaboration.  When a problem is raised by a member,
> I think reasonable discussion is warranted before an individual can make a
> sweeping decision.  :-)
Jeff is absolutely right. Theses are decisions which affect all the
developers in OFED, and which don't get decided by any one party. Sounds
like a con call is in order.

Once the EWG has agreed development processes, not to mention schedules,
this information needs to be published on the OpenFabrics website, so it
is readily publicly accessible. Given the hundreds of emails which come
into some of us each day, and despite all our best efforts, one is
reminded of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where the plans for
the new hyperspace bypass were publicly available in the basement of the
townhall in a locked filing cabinet hidden in a disused lavatory, whose
door is posted with a sign saying "Beware of the Leopard".

- Betsy

--
Betsy Zeller
Director of Software Engineering