[openfabrics-ewg] On vacation on Sep-13 till 12-Oct

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Sep 18 05:37:53 PDT 2006

On 9/18/06 2:11 PM, "Aviram Gutman" <aviram at dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> Lets have a meeting in few weeks from now (October-16) when Tziporet is
> back and we'll close all the issues. OK?

I'm not sure if you're referring to the OMPI build issue, the processes
issues, or both.  I'll assume the processes issue.

I would rather start talking about this stuff sooner rather than later.  16
Oct is a month from now; by then, we're all going to be deep into SC
preparation and have little time for OFED policy discussions.  I fear that
postponing this discussion until mid-October really means postponing it
until after SC, which effectively means late November or early December.

Additionally, given that we're supposed to be starting OFED 1.2 work as soon
as OFED 1.1 is released (mid Sep), late Nov/early December means that we're
already 2-3 months into the OFED 1.2 process (and therefore some of the
problems that occurred in the 1.1 process could occur again because we
didn't clarify anything).

Can't we discuss and document our procedures before then?

Despite the length and tone of this thread, I really don't think that this
will be difficult -- as Michael says, it'll be mainly documenting what we do
now and potentially incorporating some improvements.

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit