[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 18 06:16:52 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Hoang-Nam Nguyen <HNGUYEN at de.ibm.com>:
> Subject: Re: Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?
>
> Hi Michael,
> just a quick note:
> > Tue is missing the OFED 1.1 boat completely: we are in
> > feature freeze, RC6 should be the last RC, and we need RC6 out Wed so we must
> > build -pre Monday morning to allow basic testing by maintainers.
>
> Due to a private appointement this morning I saw this email lately.
> Just committed the backports with regard of ehca for 2.6.9 and 2.6.16
> in contrib/ibm/gen2/backport.
>
> Will post them in another thread for review/comments.
> Thx
> Nam Nguyen

Did you test them by packing as part of OFED tarball and installing?
Please note we need patches against ofed_1_1, not against svn trunk.

Another point - I see macros such as RDMA_NODE_IB_CA in ehca in ofed_1_1.
Is OFED building for you on 2.6.18-rc7? If not, you want to fix that,
besides backporting to older kernels.

--
MST