[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Sujal Das Sujal at Mellanox.com
Mon Sep 18 13:49:54 PDT 2006

Hi Matt et al,

Based on recent discussions in EWG, it looks like some aspects of the
release process and related communication are not working effectively
for all EWG members.  We apologize if there have been instances where we
(as Mellanox) have not been sensitive to such situations.

I hope we all agree that the goal has been to create an OFED 1.1 release
that is acceptable to all EWG members in terms of what is supported and
when.  When there are schedule pressures, sometimes existing processes
tend to break.  I think OFED 1.0 worked well.  The timeframe for OFED
1.1 has been comparatively shorter and this is probably causing the
currently defined processes to buckle in some areas.  We need to fix
those.

Every release is a learning vehicle for us and we have learnt some new
things with release 1.1 that we need to fix.  Since release 1.1 is due
soon, I would propose we have a post mortem session and future steps
discussion after release 1.1 is completed and after Tziporet arrives
back from her vacation.  I hope this is acceptable to the community.

Together, we will fix the process for a smoother next release.

Best regards,

Sujal