[openfabrics-ewg] Where do contribute new stuff to OFED scripts?

Betsy Zeller betsy at pathscale.com
Mon Sep 18 20:02:56 PDT 2006

Aviram - we really shouldn't hold off on this discussion for a full
month until Tziporet is back. At the time of her return, she can provide
her insights and propose changes, but we really need to get this sorted
out. There are a number of issues where the procedure is pretty opaque -
there have been several cases of this just in today's discussion. For
example, it is not immediately obvious which of the build scripts will
build a source tarball, nor that the source is pulled from two different
trees. Yes, we've been able to figure it all out by perusing old emails
and asking some questions, but there has got to be an easier way. Also,
though people do try to respond promptly to questions, the problem is
exacerbated by the fact that we are all in different time zones. Things
that should take minutes can take days instead.

It's also clear from the email discussions that there is some confusion
over when and what the next release should be.

There's three steps to this, to be repeated as necessary
1) Publish the current process
2) Identify the areas that don't work for everyone they need to, and
determine how to change them.
3) Document and publish in the updated process in a well known place.

We do need to start this discussion.

Betsy