[openfabrics-ewg] Gen2 basic and resource tracking test fails for Pathscale HCA

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Tue Sep 19 16:34:07 PDT 2006

Sharma, Karun wrote:
> Hi Dotan:
>
> I am testing Pathscale HCA with OFED1.1 RC5. I performed gen2_basic,
> qp_test, multicast_test, mem_lock_check and resource_tracking tests.
> Following are the failures encountered.
>
> 1. gen2_basic test fails for POLL_POST component. With Mellanox HCA,
> this is passing.
> 2. When I specify -n option with resource_tracking_test, the test fails
> for Pathscale HCA. Again it passes for Mellanox HCA.
>
> I have attached the logs below.

Hi Karun,

We've run the gen2_basic tests here and have fixed a number of problems
in the test suite itself.  I will be sending patches out shortly, after
I've had time to review them.  We now have most tests passing.  The
tests that still fails are:

  AV (try to create max ah + 1)
  CQ (resize CQ to more than initial size)
  CQ (modify with outstanding WR to more than outstanding)
  POLL_POST (post sr to RC QP)
  QP (test 3, test 5 and test 6)

The first test fails because the ib_mad module has an AH already
created, so we cannot get as far as creating max AH.  I'm not sure how
to fix this one, but that seems like a test shortcoming.

The second and third tests fail because, for reasons I haven't figured
out yet, resize_cq support got dropped from our libipathverbs.  I'm
still tracking this down and hope to have a fix for RC6.

I haven't figured out yet why the fourth test fails.  It's looking like
a memory corruption problem (stack smashing), and I think it's in the
test itself, but I haven't figured it out for certain yet.

The QP tests are failing because of core dumps in the tests.  Again, I
think these are failures in the tests themselves, but I haven't figured
them out yet.

We have not yet run a full resource test, as we had some early problems
with that running out of memory.  We are still working on this.

Regards,
 Robert.