[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED-1.2 compiles 32b apps on SLES 10 for IBM PPC

Stefan Roscher ossrosch at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 11 01:11:29 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:25, Al Chu wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 12:14 -0500, Steve Wise wrote:
> > I just built the ofed-1.2-rc1 kit on an IBM P5 PPC with SLES 10 and some
> > the apps got built as 32b. Seems like gcc on this distro defaults to
> > 32b:

> My opinion is this bug is with Suse.  Perhaps workarounds could be added
> into the OFED build to build ppc/ppc64 rpms properly??

This is not a bug with Suse. We discussed this on the list some weeks ago. The
discussion thread started in:
http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/general/2007-February/032889.html

The outcome of this discussion was that the OFED installation script builds
32- and 64-bit libaries but only 32 bit binaries.

regards Stefan